PDA

View Full Version : Taillights Not Working?

Firefighter_Barbie
04-20-2010, 12:08 AM
So my latest problem with my Truck is as of tonight ( at least I hope so) is my taillights aren't working. The brake lights and signal lights work just fine but the lights that stay on the whole time aren't coming on at all. I've had major wiring problems in the past with them but they were fixed six months ago and haven't had a problem since. Anyways I'm getting my fiance to look at them tomorrow, but does anyone have idea on what could be wrong? Has this happened to you before? I haven't jumpstarted, plugged anything in, or messed with the wiring for a good 2 months so it wouldn't be that....I'm so confused :confused:

88Jimmy
04-20-2010, 12:13 AM
I would check the grounds first and foremost...

dummyface
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I would check the grounds first and foremost...

yeah check the rear ground under the truck that comes off the harness by the rear bumper (there is a plug there with a "ground" coming from it for the rear lights..

also check fuses...

iv had this happen to me a hundred times.. always something dumb

darkend
04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
yeah check the rear ground under the truck that comes off the harness by the rear bumper (there is a plug there with a "ground" coming from it for the rear lights..

also check fuses...

iv had this happen to me a hundred times.. always something dumb

Fuses....grounds... Ok, I'll agree to check those, how about checking if the bulb is burnt? Some turn signal bulbs use two filaments to give you the blinker and brake light. Sometimes one filament burns out.

zerobudget S10
04-20-2010, 06:05 PM
you need a diagram.

year?
engine?

dummyface
04-20-2010, 06:41 PM
you need a diagram.

year?
engine?

no bullshit.. asshole lol.. im still waiting on the diagram for my 91 Sonoma SLX gauge cluster.. and under hood wiring at the plug on the firewall..

4.3 truck...

and you said you were to busy lol.. JOO

Firefighter_Barbie
04-21-2010, 01:57 AM
We narrowed it down to a wiring problem which I figured it would be. I know the lights go crazy if a bulb is toast because that happened to me the first week of having the truck...we replaced one and everything was perfect until we realised just how messed the wiring was. We then fixed that and it was fine until yesterday and we give up. Now that I'm switching trucks, I'm just not going to drive at night because tracking down the problem will be too hard with the jerry-rigged system. So basically it's over with taking my time on the new truck and work good and fast to get into the new one :)

zerobudget S10
04-21-2010, 07:58 AM
no bullshit.. asshole lol.. im still waiting on the diagram for my 91 Sonoma SLX gauge cluster.. and under hood wiring at the plug on the firewall..

4.3 truck...

and you said you were to busy lol.. JOO

i am busy asshole. exams start next week. just adding another diagram to the list.

dummyface
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
i am busy asshole. exams start next week. just adding another diagram to the list.

good thing josh pointed out i have a haynes manual.. it MIGHT help me somewhere.. doubt it but might lol

and i know ya got skool.. its ok to be a douche dude.. lol jk..

zerobudget S10
04-21-2010, 08:47 AM
i know. :) i was being a dick. no worries...

dummyface
04-21-2010, 08:59 AM
i know. :) i was being a dick. no worries...

i know lol.. no differant than me really lol..

hopefully i can figure this haynes manual out.. otherwise im gonna say buy buy ignition hello switch and button lol